Vaccination. The topic is enough to make my stomach churn, because of the ugliness that so often follows. I’ve read a million debates about breastfeeding and formula, circumcision, cry-it-out, carseats, and more. Yet nothing gets so viciously attacked as the choice to refuse or even question vaccines.
Some people say it’s because non-vaccinators are putting others at risk, but since vaccinated people also contract and spread diseases, that can’t be accurate. What I have found is that most people who get really heated over the topic haven’t thoroughly researched it, and are reacting from a place of doubt. The doubt comes with anger and defensiveness.
It’s easy to see when someone hasn’t done much reading about vaccine safety, efficacy, and ethics, because, among other erroneous statements, they always mention autism as the main issue. They tell us that there is no link between autism and vaccines. It seems there are some things they do not know, particularly that autism is not the reason most vaccine-refusers refuse vaccines, and the link between vaccines and autism has not been debunked by any sort of thorough, ethical trials.
Autism was the only issue my family doctor talked about when I mentioned being concerned about vaccination. My son was two months old and my gut was telling me not to give him these shots, but I didn’t know where to turn. So I asked her. She said the same thing I’ve heard a hundred times now: “There is no link between vaccines and autism.” That statement didn’t comfort me, but I didn’t know how to respond or how false it was, so I let my son be vaccinated against my better judgment and intuition. I deeply regret not doing more research, not because he had a serious reaction (he did have a shrill, high-pitched cry that would last for hours on end afterwards, for weeks), but because of the overall effect on his immune system.
Too often parents and doctors only hear the pro-vaccine side. The other side is complex, because people have to be willing to consider that what we’ve been told is not true. They have to be open to the idea that pharmaceutical companies, the government, and our doctors may not know what’s best regarding total health. My goal is not to convince people not to vaccinate– I genuinely want everyone to make the best choice for their family, and it’s important to weigh all aspects of the issue. If you are fully informed and choose to vaccinate, rock on. However, it’s impossible to make the best, most informed choices when we only receive half of the story, or half-truths. Some of the sources here are government, medical, and mainstream sources. But some of them are personal blogs and personal stories, which pro-vaccine people often reject on the grounds that it’s not coming from an organization like the CDC. But here’s the thing– we don’t want government sources only. We want to hear from the mothers and fathers who have seen vaccine injury with their own eyes. We want information from the people who have put the puzzle pieces together that mainstream sources refuse to acknowledge. We want the truth.
When it first came to light that smoking cigarettes greatly increases certain health risks, it wasn’t government or major medical sources relaying this truth. In fact, doctors were taking kick-backs from tobacco companies to promote their products, and denied the risks for quite a while. Some people feel more comfortable trusting these sources than others. But there is always another side to the story. This is not supposed to be a “balanced” report on vaccines; this is a glimpse of the other side. So, here is some of the information that helped me begin to question vaccines.
- First and foremost, read the vaccine inserts. Your doctor should provide it for you. The inserts list the ingredients and the side effects. Here is an example of the MMR side effects:
The following adverse reactions are listed in decreasing order of severity, without regard to causality, within each body system category and have been reported during clinical trials, with use of the marketed vaccine, or with use of monovalent or bivalent vaccine containing measles, mumps, or rubella:
Body as a Whole
Panniculitis; atypical measles; fever; syncope; headache; dizziness; malaise; irritability.
Pancreatitis; diarrhea; vomiting; parotitis; nausea.
Hemic and Lymphatic System
Thrombocytopenia (see WARNINGS, Thrombocytopenia); purpura; regional lymphadenopathy; leukocytosis.
Anaphylaxis and anaphylactoid reactions have been reported as well as related phenomena such as angioneurotic edema (including peripheral or facial edema) and bronchial spasm in individuals with or without an allergic history.
Arthritis; arthralgia; myalgia.
Encephalitis; encephalopathy; measles inclusion body encephalitis (MIBE) (see CONTRAINDICATIONS); subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE); Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS); febrile convulsions; afebrile convulsions or seizures; ataxia; polyneuritis; polyneuropathy; ocular palsies; paresthesia.
Cases of aseptic meningitis have been reported to VAERS following measles, mumps, and rubella vaccination. Although a causal relationship between the Urabe strain of mumps vaccine and aseptic meningitis has been shown, there is no evidence to link Jeryl Lynn™ mumps vaccine to aseptic meningitis.
Pneumonia; pneumonitis (see CONTRAINDICATIONS); sore throat; cough; rhinitis.
Stevens-Johnson syndrome; erythema multiforme; urticaria; rash; measles-like rash; pruritis.
Local reactions including burning/stinging at injection site; wheal and flare; redness (erythema); swelling; induration; tenderness; vesiculation at injection site.
Special Senses — Ear
Nerve deafness; otitis media.
Special Senses — Eye
Retinitis; optic neuritis; papillitis; retrobulbar neuritis; conjunctivitis.
Death from various, and in some cases unknown, causes has been reported rarely following vaccination with measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines; however, a causal relationship has not been established in healthy individuals (see CONTRAINDICATIONS). No deaths or permanent sequelae were reported in a published post-marketing surveillance study in Finland involving 1.5 million children and adults who were vaccinated with M-M-R II during 1982 to 1993.56″
- You might also want to have your doctor sign or at least read this warranty, which includes the following info:
“I am aware that vaccines typically contain many of the following fillers:
• aluminum hydroxide
• aluminum phosphate
• ammonium sulfate
• amphotericin B
• animal tissues: pig blood, horse blood, rabbit brain,
• dog kidney, monkey kidney,
• chick embryo, chicken egg, duck egg
• calf (bovine) serum
• fetal bovine serum
• human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue)
• hydrolized gelatin
• mercury thimerosol (thimerosal, Merthiolate®)
• monosodium glutamate (MSG)
• neomycin sulfate
• phenol red indicator
• phenoxyethanol (antifreeze)
• potassium diphosphate
• potassium monophosphate
• polymyxin B
• polysorbate 20
• polysorbate 80
• porcine (pig) pancreatic hydrolysate of casein
• residual MRC5 proteins
• VERO cells, a continuous line of monkey kidney cells, and
• washed sheep red blood
and, hereby, warrant that these ingredients are safe for injection into the body of my patient.”
- Please understand that vaccine injury is real. We are programmed to believe everyone who questions vaccines is a hysterical conspiracy theorist, but it’s not true. Vaccines have inherent risks and potentially serious side effects. In fact, every single vaccine you/your insurance pays for is taxed, and the tax goes into a vaccine injury compensation fund. Interesting, no? So far, millions of dollars have been paid out to vaccine injured people. Here is the government website that tracks the data.
- Consider the source. Do you believe that major pharmaceutical companies have your best interest in mind? Do you know that pharmaceuticals are routinely recalled, often after causing death in patients? Major vaccine manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline has recently plead guilty in a massive fraud case. They have been fined $3 billion for bribing doctors with “lavish trips and spa treatments in order to pursuade them to prescribe the drug for uses not approved of through testing.”
“Glaxo also hired a company to write a medical journal article downplaying the risks.”
“The company admitted illegally marketing the popular antidepressants Paxil and Wellbutrin and also withholding the data on the health risks of its best-selling diabetes drug, Avandia. For seven years Glaxo failed to report data showing drug Avandia increased the risk of heart attack by as much as 40 per cent.”
These people are trusted with our children’s health.
- More bad news: GlaxoSmithKline was also sued in Argentina after faulty vaccine trials killed 14 babies. You see, they go to poorer nations to test on their babies because it would make too much noise here.
- “The JCVI [Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation] made continuous efforts to withhold critical data on severe adverse reactions and contraindications to vaccinations to both parents and health practitioners in order to reach overall vaccination rates which they deemed were necessary for “herd immunity”, a concept which with regards to vaccination, and contrary to prevalent beliefs, does not rest on solid scientific evidence as will be explained.”
- Trusting a pharmaceutical-government program to supply the public with accurate information and healthy choices is highly questionable. The American Cancer Society issues a yearly report listing the risk factors for cancer, which “ignores well-documented scientific evidence on the industrial and environmental causes of a wide range of cancers.” They report factors like obesity and smoking, but fail to acknowledge the well known and serious risks of common household chemicals, cleaners, beauty products, baby products, and foods. This lack of transparency is common where government mixes with big business, as evidenced by the fact that many other countries have banned growth hormones, pesticides, and GMOs in their food industry, while the U.S. refuses to, and continues to be lobbied by major food corporations. Other examples of unethical dealings include the pharmaceutical industry’s rampant advertisement, and the U.S. government’s breaking of the World Health Organization’s baby-friendly code, which advises against formula advertisements and influence in hospitals. It is not hard to see how this issue affects transparency where vaccine safety is concerned.
- As stated in the image above, the United States has the highest vaccination rate in the world, yet we also have the worst infant death rate in the developed world. One would think that if vaccines are as life-saving and disease-preventing as claimed, the U.S. being the country with the highest vaccination rates would have a lower infant/child mortality rate, but that does not prove to be true. Instead, infant mortality increases as vaccine rates increase. Although other factors could be involved, this correlation at least needs to be thoroughly studied.
- Vaccinated people can and do contract the diseases they are supposedly “immunized” to. This is why “immunization” is an erroneous title– vaccines do not immunize. The majority of recent cases of whooping cough have been in vaccinated people.
- Ethical concerns include the fact that vaccine manufacturers have “funded expert groups that recommend vaccine policy on the disease to government agencies.” This is like asking a car salesman if you should buy a car.
- These are good questions to ask doctors, pro-vaccine people, and yourself:
“Could you please provide one double-blind, placebo-controlled study that can prove the safety and effectiveness of vaccines?
Could you please provide scientific evidence on ANY study which can confirm the long-term safety and effectiveness of vaccines?
Could you please provide scientific evidence which can prove that disease reduction in any part of the world, at any point in history was attributable to inoculation of populations?
Could you please explain how the safety and mechanism of vaccines in the human body are scientifically proven if their pharmacokinetics (the study of bodily absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of ingredients) are never examined or analyzed in any vaccine study?
Could you please provide scientific justification as to how injecting a human being with a confirmed neurotoxin is beneficial to human health and prevents disease?
Can you provide a risk/benefit profile on how the benefits of injecting a known neurotoxin exceeds its risks to human health for the intended goal of preventing disease?
Could you please provide scientific justification on how bypassing the respiratory tract (or mucous membrane) is advantageous and how directly injecting viruses into the bloodstream enhances immune functioning and prevents future infections?
Could you please provide scientific justification on how a vaccine would prevent viruses from mutating?
Could you please provide scientific justification as to how a vaccination can target a virus in an infected individual who does not have the exact viral configuration or strain the vaccine was developed for?”
- Mercury destroys the brain. Doctors have said there’s no mercury in vaccines, the media has repeated it, and the public has parroted it, despite the fact that it’s not true. Vaccines do have “trace amounts” of mercury, and no studies have been conducted to test the safety of these “trace amounts” when they build up over time, after dozens of injections.
- Similarly, aluminum causes behavioral, neuropathological and neurochemical changes. Vaccines contain aluminum.
- Medical research shows that vaccines contaminated with monkey virus could be causing cancer.
- Vaccines cause drug-resistant mutated viruses.
- The CDC admits that long-term effectiveness of vaccines has not been studied, that current statistics show a lack of efficacy, and that unvaccinated children are not the driving cause behind outbreaks.
- Watch this trailer, then watch the documentary.
- Vaccines have been recalled in the past and will be recalled in the future.
- The Hepatitis B vaccine is one of the most bizarre, considering the fact that Hep B is only a risk if the mother is a carrier, and moms can be tested.
- “Children younger than 14 are three times more likely to die or suffer adverse reactions after receiving Hepatitis B vaccine than to catch the disease.”
- Clean water and sanitation work better for disease prevention and overall health than vaccines. I would consider homeopathic vaccination if I was travelling to a less-developed country with lack of access to clean water.
- Unvaccinated children have less illness overall, including autoimmune disorders, which are now an epidemic. There is a major issue with lack of studies comparing vaccinated to unvaccinated children.
- Here are 7 reasons to question vaccination, including the fact that “Vaccinations are not Proven Safe and Testing is Incomplete or Corrupt,” “Vaccinated Children Die Every Year From Vaccine-related Illnesses,” and “The CDC’s Recommended Vaccination Schedule is not Backed by Evidence.”
- People can get the flu shot and still die from the flu. But it is extremely rare if not unheard of for healthy people with normal immune systems to die from the flu, or other so-called “vaccine-preventable” diseases. In healthy people, diseases present mild cases.
- More thoughts on autism: the claim that the link between vaccines and autism has been debunked is false. Remember who conducts these studies. Only one vaccine was tested and only two of its ingredients. Then the media claimed “debunked!” and everyone believed it. We know that there are neurotoxins in vaccines. We also know that they can cause behavioral issues similar to those associated with Autism Spectrum Disorders. There are many possible factors that may play different parts in autism, including genetics and environment, and the spectrum of ASD is very wide. But there are also enough reports from parents who witnessed their child regress directly after vaccination, and enough evidence that vaccines can cause neurological issues, to at least demand transparent safety studies.
An excerpt from Marcella Piper-Terry, M.S.’s “Vaccines Don’t Cause Autism”:
“Okay. I give up.
Vaccines do not cause autism.
Autism is a behavioral diagnosis. In order to receive the diagnosis of “Autism” a child must exhibit a certain number of behaviors over a certain time frame. If he or she does not do so, the diagnosis of “autism” is not warranted.
There is no blood test for “autism.”
“Autism” can’t be confirmed or “ruled-out” by laboratory analysis. It’s strictly a behavioral diagnosis.
Therefore, anything that causes physiological damage cannot directly “cause” autism.
Ergo… vaccines cannot “cause” “autism.”
Vaccines cause other stuff.
Vaccines cause encephalitis.
Vaccines cause seizures.
Vaccines cause immune system deficiencies.
Vaccines cause gastrointestinal problems.
Encephalitis causes mood swings.
Encephalitis causes extreme pain.
Encephalitis causes inattention and impulsivity.
Encephalitis causes aggression.
Encephalitis causes balance problems and difficulty relating to one’s environment.
Seizures cause mood swings.
Seizures cause inattention and impulsivity.
Seizures cause alterations in consciousness…”
The scientist who worked for the CDC and “debunked” the link between autism and vaccines also stole millions of dollars of taxpayer money, fled to Denmark, and was found guilty of money laundering and wire fraud. This throws all of his research into question.
- But what about polio? Polio was radically redefined shortly before the vaccine was introduced, leading to a sharp drop in cases. Illnesses like meningitis and reactions to nerve-damaging pesticides were once diagnosed under the umbrella term of “polio.” There hasn’t been a wild case of polio in the US for decades; the rest have been vaccine-derived. The vaccine can and does cause polio. We no longer have the oral polio vaccine in the US (which contains a “weakened” poliovirus) but of course vaccine manufacturers sell the paralysis-causing vaccine to poorer countries.
- Another myth is that your child has to be vaccinated to attend school or daycare. This is false. Every state in the U.S. has exemptions. Here is a list.
What bothers me the most is the notion that parents should not have the right to deny medical interventions when there is no medical emergency present. We are the parents– not the doctors, not the politicians, not the pharmaceutical companies. We have every right to demand safety and transparency in vaccines. We have every right to voice questions and concerns. We have every right to refuse.
This is just a glimpse into the vaccine information out there; I hope it helps people begin their journey of research. We cannot expect others to do it for us, especially those who benefit financially from it. Here are some good books to read on the topic:
- A Shot in the Dark
- What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children’s Vaccinations
- Saying No to Vaccines: A Resource Guide for All Ages
- The Vaccine Book
- Vaccinations: A Thoughtful Parent’s Guide
- Take Charge of Your Child’s Health: A Parent’s Guide to Recognizing Symptoms and Treating Minor Illnesses at Home
- Vaccination Is Not Immunization