Organic Vegetarian Chili—This is one of my all time favorites. It is packed with flavor, and will keep you full for hours. It’s also really quick to make!
- 1 green pepper
- 1 rep pepper
- 1 white onion
- 2 carrots
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5 jalapenos
I used a big pot, threw in all those ingredients, and softened them in 2 small spoon fulls of raw butter. Stir until tender (6-9 minutes). Then add:
- 4 large tomatoes, diced (remove seeds and gel)
- 1 can of organic tomato sauce
- 1 can of organic tomato paste (BPA-free for both tomato products if possible; Eden Organic is a safe choice)
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Full spoonful of chili powder
- Full spoonful of cummin
- Dash of salt
(I didn’t have time to do the beans the real deal way, so I had to buy organic from the can which I normally wouldn’t do, but it still came out amazing, and saved some time!)
- 2 cans of black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can of red kidney beans
Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Uncover, throw in some organic corn, chopped up spinach, and chopped up cilantro. Cook for 5-10 minutes on medium heat.