Possibly the Most Effective Yeast Infection Treatment Ever

Coconut oil, lavender, and tea tree essential oils

Coconut oil, lavender, and tea tree essential oils

Yeast infections.  Most women have had at least one, especially during pregnancy.  I experienced that terribly itching feeling during my pregnancy, and it led me to researching natural treatments, since I generally don’t trust drugstore-variety products.  I learned that coconut oil, lavender oil, and tea tree oil are all anti-fungal and anti-yeast, so I decided to make a concoction and see how it worked.  It was amazing!  Instant relief.  I’ve tried a few other natural treatments before, like eliminating sugar, taking probiotics, applying yogurt and/or garlic for their anti-yeast properties, but this one is by far the best and most effective in my opinion.

You will need:

• Unrefined organic coconut oil
  • Lavender essential oil
  • Tea Tree essential oil
  • Spoon and small bowl for mixing
  • Fridge or freezer

Test each of these oils on your skin first to make sure you don’t have a reaction, unless you’re a regular user and already know your tolerance.  Tea tree oil is a very potent oil, so please start out with only a couple drops and repeat as necessary, adding more drops as needed.  A tingling sensation is normal, but if you’re sensitive or allergic, it could burn you, and we don’t want that!

In a small bowl, mix about a tablespoon of coconut oil with a few drops of each essential oil.  I started out with only two drops of each, but now that I know my skin is not sensitive to them, I use several drops of each– probably 8-10.  Put the bowl in your fridge or freezer, stirring occasionally to form the oil into a solid clump.  This will make the oil much easier to insert, as coconut oil melts as soon as it comes into contact with skin.  Once your oil blend is a solid, easily insertable clump, remove it from the spoon and use clean fingers to gently insert it into your vagina.  You will want to use a cloth pad or toilet paper to absorb the oil, which will leak out over the next couple hours.  Repeat as necessary.  I found this to be an incredibly potent treatment that relieved the itching immediately, and cured the infection over night.  If you are pregnant or allergic to any of these oils, consult an informed naturopath, midwife, or physician before trying this treatment.

Chilled oil blend

Chilled oil blend

Tags: , , ,

Categories: Kristen

Author:Kristen Tea

Hello Wise Mamas! I am Kristen Tea; I’m a 29-year-old artist, activist, feminist, eternal student, free spirit, radical human, and proud former single parent. I practice attachment parenting, radical parenting, gentle discipline, and unschooling, among other things. I have been interested in alternative, conscious, compassionate living since I can remember, so transitioning into natural parenting was an easy process for me. I had a surprise pregnancy that was full of uncertainty due to several issues, including my status as a low-income single parent, but I have turned it into the most empowering, liberating situation possible. I am now married to a wonderful partner and expecting my second child in April 2014. My goal is to empower parents and non-parents alike with information that can better their lives. We have enough suffering in our world; it’s time to do something about it, and we can start with our children.

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

31 Comments on “Possibly the Most Effective Yeast Infection Treatment Ever”

1. June 19, 2013 at 11:36 am #

Are you supposed to use the whole clump at once or can this be divided into “doses”. I will be picking up some of these oils so I have on hand during antibiotic treatments.

2. Hannah D.
    November 9, 2013 at 10:12 am #

Thank you for posting this. What also works is garlic, water and coconut oil. I am currently working on washing my sons cloth diapers and removing the yeast.

I would love to share how to do that on your facebook page but I can not comment or even like any of the posts! I even unliked your page for months to see if it would work. I’m getting tired of it. I can’t message Motherwise either. :( What’s the deal?

• November 9, 2013 at 2:07 pm #

Hmm I don’t know why you wouldn’t be able to comment, etc. If you had been banned from the page (not saying you were) you’d still be able to message us, so it sounds like it’s just a glitch?

3. Heather D
    November 12, 2013 at 4:01 pm #

I have tried those three saturated on a tampon, but never like you suggested. I suffer with chronic yeast infections and can’t wait to try this!

4. December 4, 2013 at 1:50 pm #

I am so excited to see this post! I knew about coconut oil having anti-yeast properties. One day it dawned on me to put a layer of plastic wrap over a water bottle friendly ice cube tray and put some coconut oil in a few of the slots. Then I put it in the fridge and when I need to I pop one out break it in half and in it goes! I am very excited to know I can mix essential oils in with it! I will be making a new batch right away with the added power of EO! Thank you! ^_^

5. magicmantis
    December 4, 2013 at 2:00 pm #

I’m so happy to see this post! I knew about the anti-fungal properties of coconut oil and one day it dawned on me how to make a suppository out of it. The way I do it is put plastic wrap over a water bottle friendly ice cube tray. Then spoon the coconut oil in the slots and put it in the refrigerator. The shape of this specific ice cube tray makes perfect long half-cylinder suppositories. The plastic wrap is just to make it easier to pop the oil out when I need to use it. Now that I know EO is safe to use inside the vagina I will gladly make a new batch with these to oils added! Thanks! ^_^

6. lori
    December 7, 2013 at 10:16 pm #

I just tried it. And now I wait. It actually feels like it’s working already, and it feels good for my body. I will keep you posted on the results. :)

• Lise
      January 19, 2014 at 12:36 pm #

Hi :-)
      I am very curious to know your results?

7. December 8, 2013 at 8:24 pm #

It works! Amazing. Thank you so much!!

8. Otter
    January 12, 2014 at 7:34 pm #

Would this work with yeast of the breast/nipples (thrush)??

• January 13, 2014 at 5:27 pm #

Yes, it should! Just be cautious with tea tree on your nipples, and be sure to wipe/wash it off well before breastfeeding. Also you can wash your clothes with vinegar and tea tree oil to get thrush out of fabric.

9. Ida p.
    January 15, 2014 at 11:00 am #

Are you serious about this method?!!!!!! I have been suffering from yeat since i had my son 7 years ago. I had tried over the counter and prescription drugs. It comes back faithfully during my menstrual. I have taking probiotics with some medium relief. I am going to try this today. I have done others things so, what the hey!

10. January 16, 2014 at 9:16 am #

Thank you!! I have all of these ingredients at home. This is super helpful!

11. Mickey
    February 3, 2014 at 3:24 pm #

I gave this recipe too a friend for her daughter. She just told me with two treatments her infection is gone. THANKS!!

12. Ingrid Tonti
    February 14, 2014 at 12:08 am #

How many times a day should you treat with this?

13. jane yates
    March 29, 2014 at 2:19 pm #

I what does the lander oil do for the recipe

• March 30, 2014 at 8:02 am #

Lavender is also anti-yeast, so it helps similar to the Tea Tree Oil. TTO is very strong, though, and lavender is more gentle, so anyone with skin sensitivity can consider using the lavender alone.

14. Kim Stokes
    April 1, 2014 at 8:23 am #

My 90 year old mom has a yeast infection. Hospice nurse prescribed antifungal cream and one diflucan. It’s a little better but still raw. The skin now is peeling..rectum, thighs,etc. I may try this but hope it doesn’t burn. She can’t communicate much anymore because of her Alzheimer’s. Just don’t want to hurt her. Anymore suggestions?

• April 1, 2014 at 8:26 am #

Kim, the coconut oil should be great (unless of course she’s allergic at all), but I would be very cautious with the essential oils, especially the tea tree oil. It is very potent and would probably burn. A drop or two of lavender should be fine, but skip the TTO. Or just use coconut oil plain– it should still be effective. I hope this helps!

• jane yates
        April 1, 2014 at 10:03 am #

tell me how to get rid of a yeast inf. in my mouth

________________________________

• April 3, 2014 at 4:25 pm #

Make this concoction and then swish with it :)

• jane yates
        April 3, 2014 at 5:12 pm #

the c. oil to

________________________________

• Jessica
        April 8, 2014 at 11:27 pm #

Hi Kristen, is this remedy also work for thrush discharge?

I am suffering from yeast infection for almost a year now, I did not get the itchy feeling, but I keep getting thick and yeasty discharge. I went to gynecologist and GP many times they just gave me the same thing (anti-fungal cream) and it didn’t really cured my problem.

I actually have all those three oil at home, and really keen to try and see the result.

• April 10, 2014 at 2:32 pm #

I imagine it would! Try it out and let me know :)

15. Itzel
    April 4, 2014 at 9:42 am #

I read this yesterday, and mixed a teaspoon of coconut oil with 4 drops of tea tree oil… just applied over the itchy area and immediately felt relief!

16. carterfamilyof10
    April 15, 2014 at 3:33 pm #

You can you use refined? I only have refined or fractionated coconut oil on hand. I do have the oils though.

• April 15, 2014 at 10:22 pm #

Unrefined is best because it has more of the yeast-fighting properties, but refined won’t hurt :)

• angie phillips
        April 16, 2014 at 5:10 pm #

Hi my 3 year old has vaginal thrush and i have all the above ingredients in my press do you think it would be ok to use it on her? She’s red raw and I’ve been using canesten under docs advice but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything for her. She’s even screaming when trying to pee, poor little thing, I’d try anything at this stage. Do u think I should not use the tea tree or maybe just use one drop?

• April 19, 2014 at 6:01 pm #

You could use one teeny tiny drop, or omit it altogether.

17. Stetsons Mom
    April 21, 2014 at 10:53 pm #

This ABSOLUTELY works!! When spring comes around my allergies flare up something serious forcing me to run to the pharmacy for allergy meds. That lovely little pill flares my candida up. Four years ago I got fed up with my obgyn and just knew there was a better solution that didnt involve spending $20+ for relief. I changed my diet, ate “clean”, and began feverishly surfing the web. I found a slew of natural remedies from garlic, acv, cinnamon oil, coconut oil, and yogurt. I tried every remedy with great results. One of the best was the garlic but its not a soothing remedy. I later began inserting the tea tree oil tampon remedy w/the garlic but again the garlic ran interference and made healing longer even after the yeast died off. Inserting garlic cloves burn…Period!

Once I decided to stick with the tea tree oil/coconut oil tampon I knew I was home! I didn’t have to go for 6-7 nights iif I caught the first sign of “tingling itch” my regimen would begin. In most cases Im 100% cured in 3 days. The quickness of the healing is also due to me avoiding all sugars, mixing raw organic cranberry juice lemon juice water and drinking a gallon of it a day. I also dice up fresh garlic and sprinkle cayenne pepper to add to my water. Over the years I this method has been full proof. Its such a relief to know how to heal myself w/o running to the doc for everything and being precribed medication that will lead to some other ailment. Ive gone on numerous sites due to my Google searches on ridding yourself of candida/yeast. I can honestly say this one has been the nicest group of commenter’s I’ve encountered. Kudos to you all and happy vaginas! LOL!! :-)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Possibly the Most Effective Yeast Infection Treatment Ever … | Yeast Infections - June 26, 2013

[…] More: Possibly the Most Effective Yeast Infection Treatment Ever … […]